May 19, 2012
Clint Bowyer Charlotte All-Start Race Summary
Clint Bowyer Race Summary: No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota driver Clint Bowyer finished 14th in Saturday night’s Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Bowyer started 12th and jumped to seventh by the end of the first segment. He raced between sixth and 19th during the next three 20-lap segments. Bowyer started the final 10-lap segment in 12th and finished 14th as the field ran largely single file. The No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota team returns to action next weekend for the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Started 12th and finished 14th
- Finished the first 20-lap segment in 7th; Finished the second 20-lap segment in 14th
- Finished the third 20-lap segment in 16th; Finished the fourth 20-lap segment in 12th
- Bowyer won the Shell-Pennzoil Victory Burnout Challenge prior to the Sprint Showdown.
- The $10,000 top prize for the Burnout Challenge will go to Bowyer’s favorite charity – the Emporia (Kan.) Community Fund
BOWYER QUOTE: “Really when it comes down to it at the end of the Sprint All-Star Race you only have to ask yourself one question – Did I win a $1 million? Tonight we didn’t and that’s really all that matters. Our 5-hour ENERGY Toyota was good at times, but it was pretty inconsistent. We had good pit stops. Hopefully we learned a little something for the 600-mile race next Sunday.”
View the Charlotte All-Star Recap Video on Michael Waltrip Racing >
View photos from the race >