May 18, 2013
Sprint All-Star Race Report
Clint Bowyer Race Summary: No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota driver Clint Bowyer finished 18th in Saturday night’s Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Bowyer started the race’s fifth and final segment in 13th but could never muster a charge to the front in the 10-lap stint that ran caution free. The finish wasn’t indicative of how well Michael Waltrip Racing’s No. 15 ran during the 90-lap race NASCAR divided into five segments including four 20-lap stints. Bowyer finished third and second in the first two segments and he led twice for 11 laps. The No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota team returns to action next weekend for the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Started sixth and finished 18.
- Finished the first 20-lap segment in third; Finished the second 20-lap segment in second.
- Finished the third 20-lap segment in 13th; Finished the fourth 20-lap segment in 10th
- Started the final 10-lap shootout in 13th and finished 18th
- Led 11 of the race’s 90 laps – tied for the third most of all drivers.
BOWYER QUOTE: “Well we walked out of there with a car in one piece and a pretty decent run. That final shootout isn’t what we wanted. But it’s hard to do much in 10 laps if you aren’t starting up front. We learned some things and we’ll be ready to race next weekend in the 600.”
View photos from the race >